FAQFrequently asked questions about colon hydrotherapy
Why is colon hydrotherapy beneficial?
The indigestible portion of the food you eat lodges in the large intestine and stays there until eliminated in a bowel movement. Infrequent movements or constipation can lead to partial decomposition of these waste substances, which encrust the colon and further hinder elimination.
These toxins in the waste substances are reabsorbed into the bloodstream, lowering the body’s defense against bacteria and viruses. The body strains to fight against the poisons, and if the effort is too great, various organs or even whole systems can break down.
Colon hydrotherapy can help to restore the normal balance of the digestive system, by:
- Gently cleansing the colon of the harmful waste matter and associated toxins, and enabling the colon to function correctly.
- Exercising the colon and improving peristalsis. (The build-up of toxic debris weakens the colon muscles and impairs the way they work).
- Reshaping the colon. (Abnormal conditions inside the colon tend to alter its shape, which can cause problems).
- Eliminating bulging pockets of waste and narrowed spastic constrictions. (The gentle action of the water, coupled with the massage techniques of the therapist, enable the colon to resume its natural state.)
- Stimulating reflex points, to the benefit of corresponding body parts. (The colon connects to every system and organ of the body via reflex points.)
What are the symptoms of elimination issues?
Apart from infrequent bowel movements or constipation, early indications of this war against waste may include sallow skin, nervous irritability, coated tongue, bad breath, offensive body odor, headaches, bloating, poor appetite, indigestion, and stomach heaviness.
Are there any after-effects?
Colon hydrotherapy has a profound cleansing effect on the body. You may experience a strong feel good-factor afterward, and wish to significantly increase your normal physical exercise levels. We advise caution.
If you have had certain conditions, such as habitual constipation or irritable bowel syndrome, for a while, tiredness may be experienced for a couple of days after the first session. The irrigation stirs up toxins, and in some cases, this may cause nausea, dizziness or nervousness. Usually, this indicates that the body is continuing detoxification processes that were started by the treatment. But many people do not experience these symptoms
Is there anyone who shouldn’t have a colonic?
Anyone with ongoing medical issues should check with the therapist before making an appointment.
The most common conditions, which preclude you from having a colonic, are:
- Unregulated high or low blood pressure
- Severe anaemia
- Ulcerative colitis
- Bleeding piles
- Anal fissures
- Surgical procedures
SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT
TALK TO US
Tel: +44 (0)844 854 92 22
Monday to Friday 8:30 – 6:30
Dotolo Europe Ltd.
Unit 5 Base 329 Headley Road East, Woodley, Reading, Berkshire RG5 4AZ
VAT number: 103 8046 49
EORI No GB103804649000
© 2018 Dotolo Europe Ltd. All rights reserved.