The BD Emerald Syringe For General Purpose Use has been produced in a more sustainable manner. Because its design has up to 30% less material than other syringes, it also helps to reduce waste disposal.
The Emerald syringe is a single use latex free sterile syringe, for injection and infusion with key features:
- Green colored stopper provides a greater contrast with scale markings
- Designed and manufactured to reduce environmental impact
- Up to 20% less material than BD Plastipak™ syringes to reduce raw material consumption
- Clinical waste weight is reduced by 20%
- Plant utilizes 100% of electricity from renewable sources
The BD Emerald Syringe For General Purpose Use complies with international performance standards.
BD's passion for ongoing improvement continues to raise the bar of product reliability and also assures that these syringes are:
- CE marked
- ISO 7886-1 and ISO 549 compliant
In addition, BD Emerald Syringes must meet over forty specific criteria before they are qualified for use.